BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, August 10, 2009

Color it Like Keyshia

I was checking out some snaps of R&B artist Keyshia Cole at the BET Awards and I am loving her new look more and more every day. She’s kind of channeling old-skool T-boz, no?
Keyshia Cole blonde at BET awards Keyshia Cole blonde

Keyshia achieved this color gradually, taking it from a honey blonde hue several weeks ago to the platinum blonde color she’s currently rocking. This is a great look but if you decide to go this route take a couple of words of advice:

1) Go to a professional hairstylist to have your color done. This isn’t the sort of thing you want to attempt yourself because it’s way too easy to end up looking like the Grinch with a head full of green fuzz, or worse…with all of your hair in the kitchen sink.

2) Learn how to take care of your newly color treated hair. Bleaching your hair blonde is a two step process that first lifts the color out of your hair and then tones it to the correct shade of blonde. If you already have a relaxer or a “perm” on top of that, your hair is likely to come out on the other side dry, brittle and requiring some serious conditioning.

Ojon restorative hair treatment

My hair isn’t bleached, but it is relaxed and colored, so I make sure to deep condition it often. I started using the Ojon products about 3 months ago. The Ojon restorative hair treatment is what everyone recommends for natural hair, color treated hair, processed or damaged hair, and I have to be another one to stand up, stomp my feet, and testify too.

All of the products contain 100% Ojon palm nut oil, a product used for 600 years by native people of the Central American rainforests and the key to them being dubbed “the people of the beautiful hair”. All of this is great backstory, but it wouldn’t mean a thing if the products didn’t work –but THEY DO!

The first time I tried it, I used the shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioner and had the silkiest, shiniest hair I’ve had in years. It even seemed like it made my color deeper, but I know that was just the increased shine. Since then, I’ve used just the restorative hair treatment by itself and had great results too.

Ojon restorative hair treatment is great by itself, but if you want to try a couple of the products for less than the full-size prices, look to the kits. I started with the Ojon discovery kit which includes the ultra hydrating shampoo, conditioner, and restorative treatment. There is also a Ojon “try me” 5 piece hair ritual kit which includes all of the above plus throws in a shine and protect glossing mist plus the revitalizing mist.

I’ve never felt the need for either mist because as the restorative hair treatment gave me enough shine when I used it on my dry hair as a light dressing or shine booster.
Ojon discovery kitOjon discovery kit Ojon try me 5 piece hair ritual kitOjon try me 5 piece hair ritual kit

The products really hydrate your hair and punch up your shine without weighing your hair down and making it greasy. Plus, they all smell really good and have a nutty scent that makes you saunter around with a constant halo of yummy goodness.

0 comments: